Saturday, January 16, 2010

John Hampshire writes to all


Sheila, Laura and John Hampshire, Christmas '09

12th January, from John Hampshire.  
Greetings all:
I have just found a large number of emails in my outbox that were meant to be sent in the pre-Christmas period ... 

I'm unable to tell if any were actually sent, so if you got the first round, my apologies -- just wanted to make sure everyone knew I have actually been receiving the group emails and I am actually still alive.
And given the news about Tony P, there seem to be a remarkable number of us still kicking up the dust.
While I haven't retired as such, I have definitely dropped back a notch and have just taken a relaxed gig putting out a monthly magazine for the Readers Digest group. The attached Christmas snap, which shows my second wife, Sheila, who works for the Financial Review, also show another good reason for not leaving the workforce entirely just yet: our 12-year-old daughter Laura, who starts secondary school this year.
We are about to move house after 15 years at our current address, so once all that dust has settled I will have more time to make sure I do better at keeping in touch.
Best to all,

John

No comments:

Post a Comment