Saturday, January 16, 2010

23rd August, Ian Sare gets in touch


Steve P says: Dear everyone, Ian has been in touch.... Ian's daughter has married my brother-in-law's nephew.
Great to hear from you.  The old 6 degrees of separation stuff still seems valid, with you(Steve) and I now having a distant marriage-generated relationship.  You'll recall we ran into each other a few years ago at Milton/Narrawallee/Mollymook.

I'd be very happy to have my continuing existence in this world flagged to my old CGS colleagues.  I recognise most of the names so, in common with Mark Hodgkin's comment, senility has not completely struck me down although hitting 60 a couple of months ago was a shock!

For those who might recognise my name:

  •  
  • married my CCEGGS girlfriend, Margie Colwell, some 37 years ago and  we're happily ensconced in Melbourne.  LIved in the UK in the early 70s  for 3 years or so doing postgrad study, then Melbourne, Adelaide and back to  Melbourne.  Our daughter, Nicole (30), was married earlier this  month.
  •  
  •  
  • worked with CSIRO for nearly 30 years and then moved  across to DSTO (Defence Science & Technology Organisation) a few years  ago.
  •  
  •  
  • work takes me to Canberra almost weekly so I can  still find my way around there (inner suburbs only!) without a street  directory.
I'd be delighted to catch up with a bunch of you at the event in May next year.  If anyone's living in, or passing through, Melbourne I'd be very pleased to have a nostalgic drink or two.  I'd even go as far as offering to do the same in Canberra if anyone's at a loose end in the evenings (when I'm bored witless in a hotel room).

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment