Saturday, January 16, 2010

28th June: Robert Fisher reports in...


Missive to all from Robert Fisher, now living in Perth....
Hello everyone,

It seems that I have not been in contact with anyone from CGS for the better part of +40 years (or so it seems), so perhaps this might come as a surprise by responding to this email for which I was CC'd thanks to Don Phillips. Don lives in the same general area my esteemed brother David now resides; a place I have never been called Harrington, on the central coast. I will be over that way in October next for the wedding of his younger daughter. I have had some rare contact with Jack Tyrrel over the intervening years when visiting Canberra, so I am sure Chris may have had news of me??

All that aside, I live in Perth and have been here since 1980 where I work in the oil and gas industry. I have my own geological consultancy providing personnel etc to companies both locally and overseas, including myself.

I turned 60 this year along with most of you I assume, but I am electing to continue working for a few more years yet with long holidays each year. That said, I have so much work, it is often difficult to get away.

I am married (now 31 years) to Joanne who was originally from Perth, after we met in 1976 in Israel where I worked the occupied Gulf of Suez for a US oil company and she worked in the Australian Embassy. We have 3 children; Drew 29 (single but semi-attached) working for Qantas in customer relations at the International terminal in Perth; Michael 27 and just married also working in oil and gas as an engineer and Claire 24 (single but attached) and still living at home working in the construction business in architectural design and drafting.

My body is giving away slowly after excessive sport as some of you may know when I was young; knees especially. I mainly play golf which seems to have the least impact on the body, but still wear knee supports to keep them together. Otherwise generally well.

I am not sure where you all live, but would be interested to hear and perhaps the next reunion I could attempt to make the trip east to participate??/ 
Keep well

Regards

Robert Fisher (1967)

No comments:

Post a Comment