Saturday, January 16, 2010

20th August, Gray touches base..

20th August (from Steve Padge):
Dear all, one contact leads to another. I should have made clear in the last e-mail that Mark Hodgkin is living in London. Here is Gray's update....
G’day Steve,

I was pleased to see your communiqué with Mark. I had lost contact with him in the last few years, but as a result of your mail I have once again written. I’m glad that you have maintained a strong old boy network and I, like Mark, do recognise most of the names , and can even put a face to most, although only young faces I’m afraid. Maybe that’s a good thing!

I have retired and live on my farm on the river at Bli Bli on the Sunshine Coast. Mark was confused about the Gold Coast as I have never lived there, but along with the US and the UK , have lived on this coast for 30 years.

I am in good health, apart from a recent fractured hip, and am enjoying my free time in my dotage. My mother Betty is still going at 98 and brother Ben is kept young by his young daughters (20 and 15). My son James (30) is a first officer with Cathay, and lives in Hong Kong.

I would be appreciative of you keeping me in the loop regarding any Old Boy activities. I am registered with the CGS OBA, but don’t hear from them often.

I recently had a visit from Pip Stevenson and we caught up with old times. I still stay in contact with Jackie, who is on a trip to France after the death of her 2nd husband.

Hope this mail finds you and your family well,

Kind Regards

Gray

Gray, you might like to put your son in contact with David Pitt and Peter Forsythe in HK. See their e-mail contacts above. My brother also lives there from time to time but is presently in Bangkok. I'm a "retired" maths teacher but find that there is a heavy demand to do relief work. Just back from the Byron Bay Writers week where I had the most enjoyable time. Its good to have the time to persue interests. Delighted that we are all back in touch.

Best wishes

No comments:

Post a Comment